Sunday, October 02, 2005

Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something full of blood

Yes dear readers it is indeed quickly approaching the first annual Incongruent-affect retreat/Halloween movie marathon. For those of you who don't know how this is going to go down; we'll start movies about 6:30 or so in the evening and watch consecutive Halloween movies until we puke. This is the first year at the Lake House at Lake Bowen near Spartanburg SC. We may even get Piccu on some skis (if he is hog tied and drug behind the boat).

Well, It is time to get to business to open the all important discussion as to which movies need to be watched this year.

I have only one demand and that is that the second movie of the evening be one of the first seven Friday the 13th movies. beyond that I am game. I think it is a good idea to have a comedy or newer movie thrown in for good measure. If I am the only one who has seen Wrong Turn then it just may be the ticket. Variety is the spice of life so let's make this year the biggest variety of movie watching yet.

I am going to close out with my list of movies I own, but before I get to that french_toast is standing here also wanting to open the discussion for what refreshments will be consumed. I think a trifull (or however the hell you spell it) is definitely in order. We can come up with a whole assortment of goodies. There is a grill so we need to contemplate chicken hamburgers hot dogs or all three.


Here are my movies: Halloween 1-4, H20
Exorcist
Srceam 1,2
Flatliners
Fallen
Silence of the Lambs
Stir of echoes (semi scary)
Sleep away camp
I know what you did last summer
the omen
Interview with the vampire
the 7th sign

Some of these are probably not what we want but I thought I'd throw them in. Get back with request for food and entertainment. Also for anyone not attending but who would like to make reccomendations absolutely feel free to jump in. I know latter this month I will make my top favorite scary movies of all time as I now also challenge the other bloggers to do.

No comments: