Wednesday, October 19, 2005

David Copperfield's latest illusion is a head scratcher.

I don’t get it Big Dan. What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here? David Copperfield is going to impregnate a girl on stage without touching her (which I am sure is a relief for the girl). What is this supposed to prove? Is there a turkey baster involved? Is he going to use spermal telepathy? Will the church have anything to say about this? Who is this woman and will Copperfield marry her afterwards to make her an honest woman? The big question is why do we care?

I think magicians went out with the Lambada, especially the long haired, flowing curtains, half nude assistant type magician. People want to see David Blaine (although he has to have the least charisma of any human on earth and most animals) and Chris Angel.

The only way I can see this working and freaking people out is if he impregnates her on stage and she comes to term in, say, 10 minutes and has the birth onstage. Now that is a trick. Sign me up for that. I can see some problems with logistics and the messiness, but that would we an illusion for the ages.

No comments: