Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Happy Birthday Jason and more Friday the 13th news.

Good news, good news for those of you who are fans of the Friday the 13th series. It appears there will be more coming in the next few years, starting with Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Myers. That will be an experience. I do not know if you have seen Freddy vs. Jason, but you should. Bratch and I saw the movie on opening night in theaters and the place was packed and it was like a party. Most of the time when I go to see a movie, I want quiet so I can enjoy it, but in this case the party atmosphere added to the experience. I imagine it will be the same for F vs. J vs. MM.

In other news coming out of the 25th anniversary party of Friday the 13th is that there will be a remake of the first one and they will just start the series over again. I do not know if that will work. The first few are my faves and the ones that follow them like 5,6,7,8 and so on, become more of a spoof and parody of what they started out being. I’m not saying I don’t enjoy them, but I am not sure you can make the same movies and sell them again.

Whatever the case, I hope we get the movie that was rumored to be made before we found out about Freddy vs. Jason vs. Michael Myers. What movie was that? How about Freddy vs. Jason, vs. Ash? You know, Ash from the Evil Dead series. Check out Army of Darkness this Halloween season, my personal fave of the Evil Dead series and tell me he wouldn’t be a great addition to the fight.

No comments: