Thursday, December 29, 2005

Kong rules.

Well, I finally saw the movie to end all movies last night, King Kong. I thought that it was a very good movie, although it could have been shorter. It could have lost some scenes and still been a great movie. The effects in it were excellent and except for the bronto run which got a little squirrely, everything looked fine. The battle between Kong and the Rexes was awesome. It was a huge spectacle of a movie and it delivered on everything I expected.

The one thing I did not expect was the emotional wallop it would pack. This movie truly was a love story and I will liken it to Ol Yeller. They try their best to make turn you into a blubbering idiot by the end. I was so surprised at how much emotion and understanding you could read on the face of Kong. Naomi Watts was truly excellent considering she was most likely reacting to a green screen.

I am so surprised this movie is not making a huge amount of money. I would think that the opposite would occur for this movie that occurred for Titanic. I would expect that guys would be taking their better halves to see this and the chicks would get something out of the love story and the guys have the action. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is a fan of action or tearjerkers, you won't be disappointed.

No comments: