Monday, August 28, 2006

The Ricky Gervais Show returns and it is brilliant.

The Ricky Gervais Show Series 3 is now available on iTunes and I highly recommend this for your listening pleasure. I have been a fan of Ricky Gervais since I started watching the British version of The Office a few years ago. He started his podcast late last year and it became the most downloaded podcast in history. He is now back for a third round of shows and if the first one is any indication, these next six shows will be as good as the first sets.

Ricky is joined by his writing partner Steven Merchant, who plays his agent in the HBO series Extras, and they are joined by their former radio producer Karl Pilkington. As Ricky has said many times before, Karl Pilkington is an f’ing madman. I have listened to every Gervais podcast so far and I still can’t figure out if this guy is for real or just a great stone faced comedian. The first series was free, but you have to pay for the rest. You can buy all the series and download a series of video podcasts for free.

If you like the British version of The Office or the HBO show Extras, and you fancy British humor, then you should check this podcast out. It debuts a new episode every Tuesday and is the only podcast that I can’t wait to download and listen too. It is so good that I have listened to series one and two about 15 times each. That is sad and shows you how much free time I have on my hands, but it is worth every wasted hour.

No comments: