Monday, August 21, 2006

The one huge reason to watch the Little League World Series...

I hope this kid's team, Dahran, Saudi Arabia stays in it long enough for me to watch.

His name is Aaron Durley and at 13-years-old he stands at 6-foot-8 and 256 pounds and he's playing in the Little League World Series. Needless to say, he's a first baseman and I'll be nothing gets by him. The bad news is that his strike zone is big enough to drive a car through.

It says in the story linked in the title of this post that his favorite player is David Ortiz better known Big Papi. He's about four or five inches taller than Big Papi and maybe even has more than a few pounds on him.

I hope this kid is playing basketball and football too. The only strike against him is that we all know that kids outside of the U. S. sometimes have birth certificate problems. I just hope this kid doesn't turn out to be 24 years-old with two kids and a wife like Danny Almonte did a few years ago.

No comments: