Thursday, August 17, 2006

Americans Are Having Feet For Breakfast

Good morning America! How's that foot in your mouth taste.

Ten years after Jonbenet Ramsey was killed we finally found out who did it. And it wasn't her parents.

I'll be first to admit that I had always suspected Jonbenet's parents in her stragulation murder. In large part because every report I heard slanted my opinion in that direction. And besides that was the creepy (to me) video's of the young girl in those ridiculous beauty pageants. Then top it off with t.v. interviews of the parents that displayed both of them as cold and relatively unemotional. Last night I saw video of their interview with Barbara Walters (still trying to remain relevant) when they were each asked if they killed Jonbenet. Neither of them shed tears and the father nearly had a smirk on his face. That still creeps me out.

But the point is the killer was arrested in Thailand yesterday. He's confessed that it was a kidnapping plot gone awry. Now this guy has issues. He claims he loved Jonbenet, and the DNA evidence will unfortunately corroborate that statement more than likely.

So how does it feel to know that I was one of those people that thought it was the parents. Frankly it feels pretty rotten. Since the time of the Ramsey murder I've become a parent. I can't imagine living my life under the suspicion that I had killed my own child. The Ramsey's lived with that. Jonbenet's mother died with that over her head when she passed earlier this year.

So I think many Americans are having a nice foot sandwich for breakfast. I know I am. For what its worth on this irrelevant blog, I apologize for assuming the Ramseys were guilty. And no, that doesn't make me feel any better about it. It does make me wonder what else I'm wrong about.

5 comments:

Piccu said...

I think most of us believed that the Ramseys at least had something to do with it or knew something about it. This is a crazy f'ed up world and stuff like this happens more than we probably know about.

I am glad that this family can get some closure and at least this will be a big enough news story that the Ramseys can't help but be completely exonerated in the public's eye.

BRATCH said...

The problem with this situation and others like it is that there are so many kid stars or kids like JonBenet with creepy parents. When you see those photos of her all dressed up it's like her parents were treating her like a Barbie doll or something.

It's great that they caught the guy that this is finally over and done with.

Piccu said...

Well, I just read on Yahoo that this guy's ex-wife says that during the time JonBenet was murdered, this guy was in Alabama. What does this mean? She also said that he really got into this case and the Polly Klaas case.

Could this guy just be a nut that wants attention? Could he be a patsy, pardon the pun, and be taking the fall for someone else? I hope the authorities check this guy out completely and make sure he is the one who did this. I would hate it if the cops are so pressured to close this case that they will take shortcuts to make sure this is the guy.

Travis said...

There are DNA records found under JonBenet's fingernails and in her underwear. (I feel gross that I just typed that.)

It will either prove this guy's nuts, or that he's the killer.

Piccu said...

That's true, but even so, my conspiracy addled brain can't help but think that the authorities may do everything they can to make sure that this guy is "the guy."

This has got to be the first real lead they have had since the day after the crime. Whatever the case may be, it should be very interesting to see where this goes.