Thursday, August 24, 2006

Random thoughts...

I'm basically killing time before lunch, but there are a few things on my mind.

–Everyone needs to check out the Christian Science Monitor and the series of stories about journalist Jill Carroll and her kidnapping in Iraq. Carroll herself wrote about her ordeal in Iraq and one of her colleagues wrote about what the Monitor and everyone else was doing to help bring her home. It is an 11 part series and I read the first eight last night. The 10th installment is upcoming with the epilogue coming soon as well. Riveting stuff.

–Apparently, Pluto is no longer a planet. I'm not real sure what has changed since the 1930's when Pluto was deemed a planet, but it looks as though it has been living a lie all these years. Or scientists have been stringing it along until we had no more use for it. It's so damn cold!

–So it looks like I've just about gotten all of the equipment I need for a podcast. I purchased a couple of mics late last week and I've got what I think is a pretty cool USB mixer on the way. I have no idea what the difference is between a good mixer or a bad mixer, but this one seems pretty solid on paper. All we have to do now is figure out what to call it, what to talk about and how much effort we are going to put into it.

–Have you heard about the newest restaurant in India? It goes by the name of Hitler's Cross. The ingenius part of the restaurant's sign is having a swastika fill in the spot where the "o" is in the word cross.

Yikes.

No comments: