Thursday, September 21, 2006

Danny Glover is too old for this _____

I've always liked Danny Glover. He's a good actor. Had a good run in the Lethal Weapon series. But now apparently Glover was the actor turned activist who introduced Venezuelan madman...er...President Hugo Chavez at an event in Harlem.

First of all, if Kentucky basketball fans are mad about Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl coming into the state and being named a Kentucky Colonel, why aren't we in an uproar over this? Chavez was speaking at an "oil for poor" event in Harlem. Do we need the Venezuelan president to care for OUR poor?

In case you live in a cave or have watched liberal news outlets that have largely ignore this story, Chavez recently ranted at the U.N. referring to the president of the United States of America as "the devil" and saying the U.S. empire would soon end, and blah, blah, blah, blah.
In Harlem today, Chavez repeated the name-calling.

Which brings me to my second point, what kind of world leader calls the president of the United States names? I said recently that I am beginning to consider myself smarter than all of the world leaders. Guys like Chavez make it look easy to be an idiot.

Third point, what in the Wide, Wide World of Sports is Danny "Lethal Weapon" Glover doing associating with this nut? Why are actors in this country obsessed with nuts anyway? Jane Fonda was hanging with the Vietnamese communists, Sean Penn is dining with Hussein, and now Danny "Lethal Weapon" Glover is emceeing events for Hugo Chavez.

Political lines be darned, I'm not going to support a world leader who comes on my soil and berates my president. I don't care if we elect Paul Rubins president, that stuff just doesn't fly with me. Props to the Representative who said as much.

Chavez thinks the US has been unfair to Cuba. Look, last I checked Cubans still board rafts to come to our country because theirs is lousy. So while you may be chummy with Fidel, don't try to convince me Fidel's a good guy. He's just misunderstood.

Bush is an easy target. We all know that. He is president over a sharply divided country. He's a terrible public speaker. And he's had to make decisions no president should be saddled with. Some of which he made good choices on, some of which he did not. But this is unacceptable and should be treated as such.

1 comment:

Piccu said...

I wholeheartedly agree. Me and President Bush haven't seen eye to eye on certain decisions he has made, but he is still our president. Even Keith Olbermann who, if you have seen his recent comments, is not a fan of Bush, said that what Chavez said was disgracful. He even called Chavez crazy, and not as a good kind of crazy either.

I have said before, no matter how you feel about the president, he is still our leader. That is why I thought it was very cool to see him throw out the first pitch at Cincy this year.

I hope that this country can rally around Bush a little over this because we need to show that even though half the country may not like Bush, we still support our leader when attacked from someone outside the U. S.

As for Danny Glover, whether or not he knew that this was coming, he should not be introducing a speaker that is going to act the way Chavez did.

Chavez is a disgrace to all worlds' governments.