Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Ouija board: A child's game or the devil's game?

I am listening to last night’s edition of Coast to Coast AM and the guest is a medium and they are discussing how long she has been sensitive and when she knew she was a medium. They also discussed her experiences with an Ouija board. On Coast to Coast, George Noory, the host, always cringes and groans when anyone mentions an Ouija board. I guess he has had bad experiences. The medium was talking about how she contacted an African-American Civil War soldier and after she went to bed, her son knocked on her door petrified because there was an African-American man dressed in a Civil War uniform in the living room and she knew then that she could make contact with the spirit world. The host asked her about her worst experience with an Ouija board and she said a friend of hers had messed around with one and she started to experience a huge amount of bad luck. The friend then destroyed the board and her bad luck disappeared.

I may have asked this question before and I open it up to all. Do you think an Ouija board is real? Can you really talk to the dead? Is it really just a gateway to evil? If yes, yes, and yes, why would a game company put this out for kids to play with? I believe there are things in this world we cannot explain, but it is hard to believe that this piece of cardboard and plastic talisman can help people contact the spirit world. Any comments?


Good news for Lady Bird, the medium that was on the show just said she picks up on animals in the spirit world and says that religions that say that animals have no soul and do not go to heaven are incorrect.

2 comments:

BRATCH said...

Is it creepy? Yes. Is it a portal into the spirit world? Probably not.

I've always said that I seriously doubt that the Parker Brothers have some sort of express lane to the spirit world.

Lady Bird said...

Oh, I've got lots of comments on this but I will save it for a blog. The real question is, when writing or speaking the word Ouija, do you really put "an" in front of it, or, since the vowel is silent, do you put an "a" in front of it? HUMMM?? Does the double vowel (or triple in this case) effect the grammer? Is Ouija a name that we use like Kleenex as a generic? Okay..some of you are thinking I am just playing teacher here, but truly, am I the only one who questioned this after reading the article? Who knows, I may be!

And as far as the pets!! I knew it all along, but thanks for the conformation.