Monday, January 09, 2006

Hell hath no fury like a mouse burned.

I have seen and been involved in some crazy things in my life. I have been in a car that hit a friend who was trying to run away from some fireworks thrown at them, sending them rolling across the hood of the car. I have been in 3 head on collisions. I have won a trip to a Final Four. I could think of other things, but I actually have to do some work so I will move on.

I just saw this on Yahoo and I would have given my left…eye to have been there to witness it. Apparently a man caught a mouse and wanted to dispose of it. He just happened to be burning a pile of leaves and inspiration struck. He would just throw it in the fire. He tossed the mouse into the fire. That was that or so he thought.

The mouse, perhaps frightened by being engulfed in flames, ran from the pile of burning leaves back into the home it was so rudely evicted from. Something in the house caught fire, the flames spread and the house was burned to the ground. It also did not help matters that this took place in New Mexico, the armpit of the devil. So things were ripe for an uncontrollable blaze.

While this is a sad story for the 81 year old owner of the house, it is also pretty awesome. I can’t even imagine someone dreaming this up for a movie, much less happening in real life. So word of warning, if you catch a mouse, flush it. You never know when you have captured a kamikaze mouse that will not go down without trying to take you down with him.

1 comment:

BRATCH said...

I'm glad the mouse made the best of it by exacting some revenge. There are a lot better ways to dispose of a varmint animal than burning it alive. I don't care if it is only a mouse.

Rock on.