Thursday, January 26, 2006

My day in internet radio.

I am sitting here at work just about to finish up a project I thought would take me into February and I have successfully turned my computer into the world’s most expensive radio. I do this every day. I have hit on the perfect combo of talk radio to get me through the day. Let me share and maybe you too will come to enjoy these shows.

I begin the day with a certain yodeler named Mr. Tony Kornheiser. He has a show on Sportstalk 980 in Washington D. C. You can access it through the website, thiswebsitestinks.com. It is not just sports talk. It is more pop culture talk with sports sprinkled throughout. If you are a fan of Pardon the Interuption on ESPN you will love this show. The show is only two hours but it is replayed right after the original ends. It starts at 8 AM central and goes until 10 AM central or you can catch the replay from 10 AM to 12 AM(this is also the time you can catch it on XM 152 Extreme).

I then switch over to the David Lee Roth show at 10 AM central for a half hour or so. You can find DLR by clicking the link I have provided. DLR took over in most eastern markets for Howard Stern and has just begun his radio career and I enjoy monitoring his progress or lack there of. He is not great but there are much worse. I listen to his show out of Dallas on KLLI FM 105.3. Recommended if you are a Van Halen fan, but he can be kind of grating.

Around 10:30 AM I move on to LA and KLSX FM 97.1 and the Adam Carolla show, which I listen to until lunch time. You can also find Adam by clicking on the link provided. Adam has taken over for Howard Stern in the more western markets. You may know Adam from The Man Show and Loveline. Adam, unlike DLR is a natural and I find that this is the show I enjoy the most everyday. The humor is crude, but even the bits you think will stink seem to always end up being funny. Highly recommended for fans of Adam or Jimmy Kimmel or crude humor in general.

After lunch I go to The Dan Patrick show because at 1 PM central Keith Olberman joins Dan for the big show. This portion of the show is most like the Tony Kornheiser show. It is Dan and Keith fighting over everything and a little sports sprinkled throughout.

After this it is a free for all. I used to be a VIP subscriber to the Bob and Tom Show and would check them out, but I cancelled. I am now a VIP subscriber to Coast to Coast AM so I can catch up on all the UFO sightings and conspiracies I missed.

That is a look at how I waste my time at work. I recommend all of these shows and am on the look out for any others that are as good as the ones mentioned above. Enjoy!!!

No comments: