Thursday, January 19, 2006

Eat these jelly beans, if you got the guts.

I meant to write about this earlier but I forgot about it until a few minutes ago. This weekend I gathered with friends and family for a child’s birthday party. Before the party, Bratch and I went to the same residence for the horrible UK game. On the way there we stopped at the local bodega to pick up some lunch. We got some pretty good pizza and as I was approaching the check out, I noticed a display of jelly beans. These were not just ordinary jelly beans; these were Harry Potter jelly beans.

If you do not know the significance of that or have never seen the movies or read the books then you would not know that these jelly beans are not all good. Some of the jelly beans have different flavors than you might be used too. By that I mean jelly beans that taste like dirt, ear wax, earthworm, vomit and the worst by far, rotten eggs. I had seen these before, but never bought any. This time I did. I bought two boxes, simply for the fact that I knew I was going to be at a party with some kids and what better fun could a person have than to trick a child into eating a vomit flavored jelly bean.

During the UK game Bratch and I decided to try out the jelly beans, to really see if they did indeed taste like they were supposed to. There were 20 to 30 different flavors including those I mentioned earlier as well as, cherry, lemon, blueberry, soap, sardines, grass, green apple, booger, cinnamon, and more. We both started to just take one and eat it and see if the flavors were true. We found out pretty quickly they did in fact tasted like they were supposed to taste. In taste testing I decided to make a game of it by asking Bratch if he wanted the first or the second bean I shook out of the box. That seemed to work out better for him because as he was getting lemon and apple, I was getting sardines, vomit, soap, and dirt. I stopped the game because I couldn’t go on. I guess Bratch won that round.

Party time and I am ready to make kids cry. Instead, it’s the adults who want to eat the jelly beans. We get a community spit cup in case you get bad one and we start. Me, Bratch, LadyBird, Lil’ Bird and Lil’ Bird’s 7 year old daughter all got involved and all wanted to taste the worst as well as the best of the box. I believe most of us tasted them all and all agreed that rotten egg was the worst, followed closely by bacon and vomit. Only one child was tricked into eating a rotten egg jelly bean and that was by her sister, not me. If you want to try this out for yourself and you have a strong stomach and gag reflex look for Harry Potter Bertie Bott’s jelly beans in the candy aisle or click the link provided. Enjoy!!!!!

No comments: