Monday, January 23, 2006

A bunch of random crap

So, Harry Potter, ultrasound, and ski vacation have all drastically cut into my blogging, but I hope to make a triumphant come back. I have read the first three Harry Potter's in the last few weeks, and I am somewhat more impressed than I expected to be. The movies do them justice for the first three, but I'll let you know about the fourth later.

I went skiing in Utah, last week and it was AWESOME. I have skiied for a total of 4 days and 3 of them were this past week. My sister-in-law and I were both learning and both have very different styles. She speeds straight down the hill and hopes it is soft at the bottom. On two separate occasions she got so far ahead of me I couldn't see her..... I did, however, find her in an explosion of skis face down at the bottom of the hill. It was great and am already excited about next year.

Most of you reading this know that my wife is now expecting. We had the first ultrasound last Thursday. All we know is that there is only one in there and it's heart is beating normallly so far. I have started a journal writing every day or two what is going on in the news and in our lives. It is kind of a mini blog for our child to read one day and have a better understanding of what our lives were like while she was in the womb.

In closing, I have two friends who have recently entered the blogging world. I will try to link them soon, but until then check out their blogs. One is in Chicago after moving from KY. THe other is here in SC and her partner in my residency program. Check them both out.

5 comments:

BRATCH said...

While "she" was in the womb? Are we to believe that the stem is indeed not on the apple or is that just what you are thinking?

Piccu said...

I think he really means he, but to make the Toast feel better when she reads the blog he said she.

It must be nice to jet off to Park City to carve up some fresh powder. Maybe I should have become a doctor.

BRATCH said...

Or maybe you should have married French Toast. LOL

I also feel as though the powder is pretty safe from carving as long as Merlin is the carver.

I doubt Merlin was hitting the double diamond slopes.

LAST ONE DOWN'S A COWARD!!!!

Lady Bird said...

I've read all the Harry Potter's--they are good, I even got Big Bird to read a couple of them last summer when our television was out for about two months.

As far as your little darling in the womb, who cares if it's a he or a she--it's still half merlin and I think that's our biggest issue to try and tackle right now--don't you agree? Tee hee, kidding.

my_merlin77 said...

I say she because I have this sixth sense about what the sex of peopls babies will be. I am right the majority of the time though I admit that I have only modest practice. Big Kev for instance, I predicted long ago that he would have girls even if he had sixty kids. So far I am 2 for 2 with him. I have a few other friends that I have predicted as well. In terms of you three stooges. I would predict all boys for Piccu,regardless of how many. Bratch would have 50:50 if he had a couple. Lady bird would have two boys and a girl if she had three. I am not sure if the second or third one would be a girl, but not likely the first.

In terms of skiing, it pretty much ruled. It gave me a whole new respect for cold weather. Cold with nothing to do really sucks. I have to admit the "freezing" sixty degree weather down here isn't too bad though.