Thursday, January 05, 2006

Good news, good news?!? David Lee Roth and the Van Halen boys to reunite?!?

I was browsing the internet just before I was actually going to do some work and I ran across this on livedaily.com. David Lee Roth, in an interview with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, claims that he has been talking with drummer Alex Van Halen and a Van Halen reunion with original members is “eventually…inevitable." Could this be true? Does Eddie know about this?

This is very surprising to me considering Eddie Van Halen seems to be a bit prickly (I’m sorry, Eddie, I love you, Eddie). It seems to me that the reason there has been no reunion or failed reunions is simply Eddie Van Halen. He has always seemed to have a temper and can hold a grudge for an unlimited amount of time. It is also no secret he has been fighting a long hard battle with the bottle. In fact, Eddie losing his battles on the last tour with Sammy Hagar was the reason Hagar left the group.

I know DLR can be “out there” and I can’t imagine being on the road with him for months, but this is an opportunity. I hope that they can put aside their petty differences and at least go on tour so those of us who were too young to see the original recipe can experience that experience. We do not have to mention the fact that this tour would make a ton o money. I mean if Motley Crue can sell out all over the world surely a Van Halen reunion would do the same.

I realize that we are taking this from what could be termed an unreliable if not squirrelly source. I choose to believe because this is something I have hoped for since I reached concert going age. And if you think this will happen when the guys are too old, DLR says that it won’t be “rockers with walkers” so that sounds like it could be a reality in the next few years. If and when this happens, I do not care where I have to go or how much I have to pay, I WILL BE THERE!!!

2 comments:

BRATCH said...

I'm glad we got to see Sammy with Van Halen in Louisville before they were at each other's throats. Man that was a great show.

However, Sivart and I also saw them during the rare Gary Sharone tour. With Kenny Wayne Sheperd opening so it was a great show too. And we got to see a dude get annihilated by security while running toward the stage from the grassy knoll seats at the ampitheater.

Good times. LOL

Piccu said...

You and Sivart seeing Gary Cherone perform with Van Halen may be as rare as you and I seeing Metallica without James Hetfield and an all star cast of singers in Sparta.