Thursday, January 25, 2007

This time it's true, Van Halen together again. I think. I'm pretty sure.

It has finally happened. Van Halen is back, original recipe! Well, sort of. Sources say that David Lee Roth and the Van Halen boys will be signing papers for a 40 date tour of amphitheaters this summer. The reason I say it is sort of a reunion is that it seems that Michael Anthony is the latest band member to draw the ire of the VH brothers and on this tour bass guitar duties will be taken care of by Eddie’s 15 year old son, Wolfgang. Besides playing bass with his father and uncle, Wolfgang now has the coolest name in rock. Wolfgang Van Halen, it kind of rolls off the tongue doesn’t it.

I have to say that there is no doubt I will be at one of these shows. Van Halen is the first rock band of my youth that I can remember loving. Unfortunately I fell in love with VH right after they split with DLR and I never got to see them in concert. I have heard DLR sing a few times over the last couple of years and he seems to be in good shape. I am expecting a great show and more than anything I am looking forward to hearing Eruption live once again.

Now if Axl can just get G ‘N’ R’s Chinese Democracy out, then we can officially say that hell has frozen over.

No comments: