Wednesday, January 03, 2007

After the ho ho hos I have got the blah blah blahs.

Well, I am back from my holiday break and I am depressed that I couldn’t extend it for another week. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year’s. Mine were kind of weird. I love Christmas time, but with temperatures hovering around the 60’s for most of the time, it never really felt like Christmas to me. I imagine that Christmas in Kentucky felt more like Christmas in Florida. I need snow for Christmas, flurries or something. New Year’s was even weirder because I just stayed home. There were no parties that I knew of and to tell you the truth, I didn’t miss going out to party.

I feel like I didn’t take advantage of my Christmas season opportunities so I am sad that it is gone and have a case of the blahs, but, I did get some cool gifts for Christmas. The coolest being an iPod. Yes, I have joined the 21st century. It is a 2 gig Nano and it is already filled with music, but I will not tell you how or where I got said music. It also came personalized courtesy of Bratch. Engraved on the back are these words, “I’m kind of a big deal. People know me.” That fits me perfectly.

I also received some cool dvds. I got the Criterion edition of Dazed and Confused. It is two discs full of everything you will need to know about Dazed and Confused and the making of this movie. If you have never seen that movie, go rent it now. It may be my favorite movie of all time. Possibly because some of those things in the movie has happened to me and my friends and continues to happen to kids in the OC to this day.

I also received the 4 disc edition of Hail! Hail! Rock ‘N’ Roll, the movie celebrating Chuck Berry and his legacy. That’s right I said 4 discs, it took me three nights to complete the whole set. It is so cool because the director talked to the early pioneers of rock like Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Bo Didley, Willie Dixon and others. It is like a digital museum exhibit. I thoroughly enjoy it.

I am hoping for a late Christmas present of getting mine and Bratch’s podcast off the ground. We have all the equipment, we have Bratch to produce it and we have me as pure talent. We’re ready to roll as I see it. Anyway, if you would like to share some of your cool gifts that you received this Christmas, feel free to do so. I have to get back to pretending to work.

3 comments:

Orelinde_03 said...

Hey you...cheer up! The stores will be having Christmas stuff on the shelves again by August. But I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT HAVING THE cHRISTMAS BLAH'S. My Christmas was quiet, but I never even made it in to NYC to see the tree or look at the window displays.

NYE was dinner with mum and Ida at The Olive Garden, shopping, puppy searching (see my blog from today) and then going home and watching tv. I fell asleep ont he couch, and woke up at 11:45, in time to see the New Year in...then watched Ace Of Cakes on food network.

I didn't get any 'cool' gifts this year. I got two surprising gifts: (1) the necklace from Nelson & Peter, and (1) a bracelet from mom.

I hate to say it, but the older we get, I think the more depressing the holidays are going to be.

Piccu said...

I hope you are not right about that, but I kind of think that is the trend of getting old. I don't know many people over 40 that actually enjoy the Christmas season. Maybe because they are too focused on shopping and planning and cooking.

my_merlin77 said...

It's amazing to think of the progression of how we perceive Christmas. There was a time when it was so magical that nothing could get close to it. Then when I got a little older the magic left, per se, but the holiday was still awesome in hopes of some great gifts and some awesome food. Then, I got to the point where there was a safe haven from school and it was fun and relaxing; but the gifts weren't the big deal. Now, I feel like the magic is nonexsistent, and it is really just another day. Gifts are fine, but for the most part if I really need or want something I can buy it when I need it. This year did change with a new baby, but I found for myself, that I had to look for the enjoyment; really make the day something. I had to de-scrooge myself leading up to the holiday. But, not too early because there would be the big let down.