Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The most memorably unpopular characters on TV.

I ran across this list as I was wasting time at work. It is the 13 most memorable unpopular TV characters of all time. Click the link to read the list and the commentary.

Here’s the list:

1. Scrappy Doo I have to say that of all the lists I have seen in recent months and years, this is the first number one that I think all can agree with. Scooby-Doo is probably the greatest cartoon of all time and Scrappy ruined any feel good you got from past memories of the old Scooby-Doo shows. He sucks, he sucks, he sucks.

2. Oliver Martin He is cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch. I didn’t dislike him as much as some, but he was very annoying and I always hoped that he would get run over or get a horrible disease so that we could enjoy a very special episode of The Brady Bunch.

3. Dawn Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer I never really watched the show religiously. I checked it out when I could. I have no opinion.

4. Livia Soprano Mama Soprano was such a horrible person, but when she passed you were sorry because we lost the daily battles between her and Tony.

5. Barney He sucks.

6.Steve Urkel He just goes to show that people who watch sitcoms are not the brightest in the world.

7. Pikachu, Pokemon I personally love Pikachu, so I am against this. Pikachu never hurt anyone.

8. Pat, Saturday Night Live Some of the Pat skits were funny, but to try and make a movie out of this is one of the worst ideas Lorne Michaels has ever had. And he has had a lot of bad ideas.

9. Ross Gellar, Friends The weirdest, geekiest, nerdiest, biggest goofball who got to sleep with the hottest chick on TV. That’s why TV is fantasy.

10. Brenda Walsh, 90120 I think her real life persona is being garbled with her onscreen persona. She is more unpopular in real life than on this show.

11. James Hurley, Twin Peaks Never watched the show, I have absolutely no opinion.

12. Coy and Vance, Dukes of Hazzard They should be number 2. The worst piece of trying to pull the wool over the eyes of your viewers. John Schneider and Tom Wopat are not exactly Pacino and DeNiro, but Coy and Vance make them look like Olivier in MacBeth. And you never heard from these actors again.

13. Wesley Crusher, Star Trek: The Next Generation Not a Star Trek fan and have never seen this dude in anything but Stand By Me. He is still annoying, though.

1 comment:

Orelinde_03 said...

1. Scrappy Doo- He sucks, he sucks, he sucks.

I don't HATE Scrappy, but he wasn't my favorite either. In fact, for a short time that was my nick-name because he was so fearless. But yeah, he could be annoying.

2. Oliver Martin- He is cousin Oliver from The Brady Bunch.

I will have to go with you all the way on this one.

3. Dawn Summers- Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I watched Buffy up until the last season. And Dawn HAD to go. I don't know if it was the character herself, or the actress. But you just knew it was the beginning of the end of the series when they brought her along.

4. Livia Soprano -Mama Soprano was such a horrible person, but when she passed you were sorry because we lost the daily battles between her and Tony.

Horrid! But I guess I can relate all to well.

5. Barney He sucks.

True that. Barney is EVIL!!!

6.Steve Urkel- He just goes to show that people who watch sitcoms are not the brightest in the world.

I will have to put him in the Scrappy catagory.

7. Pikachu, Pokemon I personally love Pikachu, so I am against this. Pikachu never hurt anyone.

Never got in to either of these, so will have to nix them.

8. Pat, Saturday Night .

Pat scares me.

9. Ross Gellar, Friends. That’s why TV is fantasy.

He can be tolorated in small small doses. Best episode though was withhim and the paste pants.

10. Brenda Walsh, 90120 I think her real life persona is being garbled with her onscreen persona. She is more unpopular in real life than on this show.

I know someone who worked with her. Uh, yeah you pretty much nailed it straight.