Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Jones Soda takes care of all your cooking worries on Thansgiving.

I have a confession to make. I purchased a Jones Soda Holiday pack last weekend. Maybe you have not heard of this, let me explain. Jones Soda is kind of a small soda company that makes all kinds of different flavors. They are different in the respect that they don’t have just orange or grape like the big soda companies. They have other flavors like watermelon, tangerine, black cherry, green apple, berry lemonade, strawberry lime and others. A year or so ago, I heard about their limited edition Holiday Pack. I looked for this special five pack but it seemed it was always sold out. Well, I tracked some down this time.

The Holiday Pack consists of many different flavors in soda form that have to do with the Holidays. Flavors such a turkey and gravy, country herb dressing, Brussels sprouts, cranberry, and pumpkin pie. Sounds delicious, right? Well, it isn’t. How do I know this? Well, here comes the confession. I bought one and tricked Bratch into buying one and we decided we would taste test some of the soda at Big Kev’s during the UK game this past Sunday night.

We arrive at Big Kev’s and needless to say Big Kev and Suze didn’t seem to be too enthused. At half time I broke into the turkey and gravy. It smelled weird but not horrible. I poured a little shot into a plastic cup and steeled my nerve and took a little taste. I have to say, it did taste a little turkey-y, which is not good. Turkey in soda form is not that great as you may have suspected. Bratch then took a shot and agreed with my take on it.

Bratch opened up the country herb dressing and poured a little into the cup. I by this time was feeling a little ill. I began to wonder if these were not for drinking and if I had ingested liquid botulism. Bratch took his swig of dressing and it didn’t go so well. He ran to the sink and spit it out. By this time we were both done with the taste test.

We decided to open the rest and at least smell them. The cranberry smelled pretty good and, according to Suze and Bratch, tasted pretty good. The pumpkin pie smelled pumpkiny but no one had the onions to taste it. The Brussels sprout soda was then cracked open. The smell that emanated from this bottle is almost indescribable. Suze and Big Kev almost vomited just smelling it. It was like room temp Brussels sprouts with a ton of butter poured on them. Not a great smell. So ended the night of Holiday tastes. I felt queasy all night long and worried that I would die a horrible death from liquid turkey during the night.

I have seen that Jones Soda is actually putting out several different flavors in their Holiday Packs according to regional tastes. They have added a salmon flavor in one region’s area; in fact it is a smoked salmon pate. Also in that region’s Holiday Packs, pecan pie, corn on the cob, and broccoli casserole. To top all things off, all these drinks are low carb, no calorie. So if you want all the flavors of a big Thanksgiving dinner without all the guilty feelings of ingesting 10,000 calories, then click the link and order a Jones Soda Holiday Pack. Enjoy!!!

No comments: