Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lost fans, you asked for it.

Lost fans, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that much of this coming season’s shows will be uninterrupted by repeats. The bad news is that the season will be split up into one 6 week mini-season then take 13 weeks off and come back with about 16 in a row. Is that better than 3 than 2 reruns, then 4 new ones, then 5 reruns? I think it will be and according to Lost producers, the fans’ of the show want less repeats. So, Voila.

Even though I hate the wait, I love the fact that when 24 comes on for a new season, I can expect no repeats throughout the run. What I do not appreciate is the Fox scheduling that gets all f*#@ed up due to playoff baseball. I hate it when the always awesome Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror comes on, not before Halloween, but a week or two later. I love baseball, but I love my regular primetime Fox shows as well.

I just wonder if Lost fans will remember to come back. I believe that Lost lost viewers late in the year, if for no other reason than the juggernaut that is American Idol. Will the other networks be able to steal anyone with new shows or super hyped returning shows? It ought to be interesting to see how things turn out.

In other bad news, I just found out I have to wait until Oct. 3 before I get a new Veronica Mars and on top of that, the show hasn’t even been picked up for a full season order. So, you need to watch this show. Smart, funny, mystery-y, it’s got it all. I have said many times before, if I had to give up one show between Lost and Veronica Mars, I would be losing Lost.

No comments: