Friday, September 30, 2005

Silly contests...

I don't know what it is about silly contests that can get you hooked on something. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones where you have to buy a candy bar and inside the wrapper will be a code or something and it may tell you if you won.

Well it seems like the masters of silly contests is Mountain Dew or should I say Pepsico. They have their hooks in myself and Piccu right now.

The current contest is that they are giving away a brand new Xbox 360 every 10 minutes for like a month or something like that. All I know is that when I buy a diet Mountain Dew I have make sure I enter the code in at the website linked in the title. I currently have 25 entries in the contest. Most of the time I don't even want a Mountain Dew, but that orange bottle cap is what gets me.

Yet I still haven't won anything. Although, each entry is a point and when I get 30 points I'll be able to order a Mountain Dew beanie skull cap. And I'm sure shipping and handling will only be 28 bucks.

So after purchasing 30 drinks it will only have cost me $478 for that beanie that probably won't fit my huge melon of a head.

I'm practically losing money buying something from them. Sure I want to win an Xbox, but I need something to show for all of my effort.

No comments: