Thursday, September 15, 2005

Call me French toast and cuddle me

I have been married for two and a half years now. I have learned over that course of time that my wife has sleeping habits much different from my own. For example, when I wake up in the morning; I get up. She could lay in bed for hours. When I am not tired, I don't sleep. She is able to fall asleep virtually by thinking about laying in the bed.

In addition to these differences, she also talks in her sleep and occassionally runs from the bed room in her sleep. Usually the running thing is just when I have to work late and come home after she is asleep. She used to run out of the bed room as if she is in a hurry to get somewhere and then starts to laugh. She doesn't now where she is going nor does she no what's so funny. Moreover, if I don't wake her up then in the morning she doesn't remember any of it.

The most entertaining of her sleep habits is the talking in her sleep. If she was afraid of snakes, the dark, and guns I might be inclined to think that she is a regular Sydney Bristow revealing all of her secrets while asleep. Most these late night conversation involve her making declarations of some sort. Occassionally, there are commands thrown into the mix.

This morning, as another part of her morning ritual that I adamently battle, is the early alarm set. This is for an additional 10-15 min of snooze time, and as you may recall when I awake in the morning I am ready to get up. This morning, since she was incharge of the alarm last night, the buzzer went off ten minutes early and as I reached to turn it off I heard some conversation going on behind me. I rolled over and replied asking if she had said she wanted me to get up and make her French toast.
She said "No. I said call me French toast and cuddle me." Apparently, my laughter and almost falling out of the bed woke her up a bit. I repeated back her phrase to her and she thought it was mildly funny. For the next few minutes, I tried desperately to wake her up to explain what she was talking about so that it wouldn't fall into that huge void where unremembered dreams go to die.

The nearest I could gather, she was having some sort of dream where everyone was calling each other Homeslice she wanted something different.

So to all you homeslices out there just call her French toast.

No comments: