Saturday, September 10, 2005

BD Dragnet

Dun Dun-Dun-Dun Dun Dun-Dun-Dun Dun It turns out that I may be in the wrong profession, if I even have a profession. I think now that I should have been a cop or a private investigator. I believe I have solved the mystery of the missing Playstation 2.

For those of you who may not know, a neighbor of mine had his place broken into. Twice. Two nights in a row actually. The first night he had forgotten to lock his door and when he returned home from work that night, the door was open and the lights were on. Just as if someone was hanging out and making themselves at home.

The next day he remembered to lock his door and left for work, puzzled but unconcerned. He left work during a break to come back home for who knows what and he found that his kitchen window had been broken from the outside and his Playstation 2 was gone. Now, he owned a nice tv, a dvd player, a surround sound system, and other things that would interest a criminal. The only thing missing was the Playstation. Weird, huh?

We figured it must have been a kid, but we didn't know if there were any about. My brother had seen a kid on a four wheeler riding up and down the roads and surmised that he must have done it because a person on a four wheeler could not pack a tv, dvd player, or much of anything really. That was where we were at a week ago or so. Until I broke this sucker wide open.

After he discovered his place was broken into, he called the law and got them on the case, which means he will never see his Playstation again. This was a few weeks ago and just recently there was another theft in the area of a boat. Strange things going on around here, we have had three robberies in less than a year and up until that time, I had known of very few over my entire life in the area.

I am going to Wal-Mart yesterday and I run into some neighbors from up the road. We talk and I get around to asking if they have had any break ins or thefts up in their area. They say no and want to know why I would ask. I told them the story and the husband and wife of the three both looked at each other and exclaimed, "That's where he got it!!"

I inquired and they explained that they were walking one evening, around the time of the break-in, and they passed a local juvenile delinquent walking down the road with a Playstation 2 under his arm. They asked where he got it and he said that he had bought it. They found it odd but didn't think much of it until I questioned them. I took some info and passed it on to the friend who was robbed and he went straight to the cops with it.

I may have broken this case wide open. Maybe this is my calling in life, to be a scroungy, low down, pi. I could be the new Bogie. If there are any unsolved crimes you need investigated, don't hesitate to contact us here at Incongruent-Affect. We will do what we can. We are here to serve.

No comments: