Sunday, July 31, 2005

A brief explanation of my leave from Incongruent-Affect

As you, the readers know, I am one month into a residency in psychiatry. This has been a month of adjustment. I have found people standing behind my calling me doctor and asking me what I want to do.

One than have taken the liberty of calling me Doc. Which as some of the readers are aware, is a heritage I have earned with mixed meaning.

I have had a week of call, which entailed nurses calling me when things went wrong at the hospital. No one died including myself.

Speaking of death, however, another week was taken by the loss of my wife's grandfather. He had end stage Parkinson's disease. His battle totaled 16 years and the decline of the past year or so has been so much that it was relief that he was no longer suffering.

All in all a busy month.

One other bit of news; my wife got a very good job. As many of you may know she was my sugar mamma through med school, and over the past months I have had the honor of being the bread winner. Looks like things are back to normal now though: me mooching off of my wife.

Life is good.

1 comment:

BRATCH said...

Well Merlin, if it means anything to ya, we all hope to be mooching off of your wife in the future. You mention making a movie and I'm already wishing I had the time/cash, mostly the cash, to make a documentary starting this Thursday.

But alas, all my movie aspirations amount to are looking at Canon XL2 DV cameras and Sony HDV cameras as if I'm just going to order one up and begin filming the next day.

I'm glad you are thinking about it too. See if your wife could finance a small picture. Nothing big, the first one would be expensive, but once we got the equipment we could continue to make them for a fraction of the cost.

We're practically losing money by not doing it right now.