Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Why is everyone against me?

Before you jump to conclusions, I'm only talking about people when they are driving. Not all of the time. To be more specific, people when they are driving around me.

I've almost come to the realization that whoever is in the cars that are in front of me, they are trying to figure out how to impede my progress. They will go out of their way to make sure that I can't drive at the speed I want to go.

Here in town we could blame it on the new road. Several years ago our little county upgraded to four lanes of highway with a turning lane to boot. When people drove badly we could blame it on not being used to the new road way. Now I'm blaming it on incosiderate stupidity.

And I'm not even a driver that speeds all that much, but I'm also a driver that knows how stupid other drivers are and I don't want them around me. That being said, I can't understand why people like to drive up beside a car and just pace them. Almost to the point of turning the cruise control on. And those of us who would like to actually get where we are going have to suffer.

Sometimes you can run up behind them and they'll get the picture that you would like them to kindly move into the right lane since they are driving 10 mph under the speed limit. But for the most part they don't know. I hate to throw out blankets statements, but you're all horrible drivers. I guess you all like to be able to see what the person next to you is doing.

I'm always operating on the notion that it's just not safe to have another 4,000 pound vehicle next to me when I'm driving 40 or 50 mph. If a car pulls out in front of me, and they always do, I want the luxury of being able to take evasive action if need be. And if there is some sort of mechanical malfunction on a vehicle next to me, I'm not confident any of the idiots around me can handle that situation. I don't want some 16 year-old girl to cover her eyes hoping that my pretty purple 4x4 can slow and stop her Ford Tempo as it slams into me just because she gave up when the clanking started.

So here are some rules to live by when it comes to driving.

1) Stay away from the other vehicles. The faster you go, the move space you need. That's just self preservation. I really like my truck and I know that everyone is out to destroy it with their bad driving. Adopt this attitude

2) If you are rushing to pull out into traffic in front of me, STEP ON IT! If I pull out in front of someone, I'm not going to assume that they are smart enough to use their brakes to keep from hitting me. Chances are they aren't that smart anyway.

3) If your brakes lights don't work, fix them, because if I ever figure out when you are actually stopping, I'll drag you out of your car straight murder your *&^%$.

And last but not least...

4) If you see a purple 4x4 around, get the heck out of it's way because I have more important things to do as opposed to watching you impede my progress.

No comments: