Sunday, July 31, 2005

Running a-Muck.

I don't know how often you as the good readers of our blog pay notice to our links over on the sidebar. Let me take a moment to call your attention to one of them.

The Muckrakers is a band in the tradition of comedic, melodic performance. Reminiscent of the Bare Naked Ladies, U2 (the older good stuff), and a better version of Matchbox 20. This is a band I know well; I should say I know the two lead singers well. I was at Western KY U in undergrad with them and they were making the college scene an interesting place to be. After being they couldn't play their most popular hit, "The Stripper Song," at the BSU; they begin to hit small venues around campus and nearby. Mind you all of the BSU-ers were there. I guess just not at the BSU itself.

I have lots of great memories of listening to them in Dorms or at the Happy Inn which was across the street from my dorm. One night in fact, they passed the fire code capacity by so many people that they were shut down. Their solution was an unplugged continuation at the old football stadium next to the Fine arts building. So many people were out there in the dark. It was a great show.

My personal highlights with them include winning the honors dorm trivia pursuit tournament with them (I provided the science) and arranging a winter break concert at the church Piccu, Bratch and I grew up in. Bratch was there. Mind you it isn't necessarily the kind of music the two of them listen to, but our tiny fellowship hall hosted a band for 25 people.

Now they have a record label. On Sept 12 this year they will have there first national album release.

I reccomend downloading a few of their songs. If you like them, then buy there old albums now and await the new one.

No comments: