Sunday, July 31, 2005

Merlin is slackin' on his pimpin'...

Well, that's what "the kids" would say. We would say that he's sitting back while Piccu and I do the dirty work and to keep our millions of readers happy.

However on the e-mail front, apparently Piccu and Merlin have been plotting a devious plan behind everyone's back that would move our annual scary movie marathon into another time zone.

Granted, our scary movie marathon has pretty much turned into Piccu and myself watching A movie while everyone else sleeps. Now that I think about it, I usually only get to watch the last half of THE movie because I usually had to shoot a football game before I made the "party." If you can call it that.

Now it seems that Merlin has come up with a plan (scheme) to try and get us to come down to South Carolina for the scary movie marathon. Actually, he wants us to come down to some cabin on a lake his wife's family owns. I'm thinking it will be pretty cool, but for Merlin's reference, Oct. 14 is the only Friday where I would be able to leave early to come down. Otherwise Piccu and myself would be rockin' an all night caffeine fest of a drive starting at around 9 p.m. at the earliest.

Everything sounds cool if this mystical cabin can hold everyone since I'm sure we aren't the only ones invited. Not that I'm opposed to hitting a Motel 6 since they are leaving the light on for me.

My only reservation about this whole thing is the irony that is at stake.

See if you can follow me.

A member of a pretty close knit group of friends goes off to med school after he marries his girlfriend. He graduates and heads off to South Carolina with his bride to begin his psychiatry residency.

A few months after they get settled in, it's time for the friends to come down and see them. They say, "Hey come on down to the cabin. It's been all fixed up and the lake will be gorgeous in the fall. You all can come down and meet some friends and well watch some scary movies like we used to."

(This is the part in the movie trailer where Piccu and I would throw garbage bags with our belongings in the back of my truck for our midnight run to South Carolina.)

Then we get to the cabin only to find Merlin standing over one of his friend's dead body covered in blood saying he didn't do it.

And then of course, hijinx ensue.

Needless to say, some details are going to need to be ironed out before I make the trip.

And I'm not doing the film for anything less than $1.5 mil.

No comments: