Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Could 9/11 have been just a warm up?

A word of warning, I heard about this article on a radio show that talks about aliens, government conspiracies and cover-ups, and ghosts, so this may not be something to take too seriously, at least I hope so.

A scary article has come to my attention. I hope it is not true and is only used to sell books or get website subscriptions. I have linked this article through the title of my piece. According to this article, al-Qaida has already smuggled many nuclear weapons, as well as agents into the US and they are planning to use them in a plan they are calling “American Hiroshima.” They want to kill millions and destroy our economy. If that isn’t scary enough, it seems that these sleeper cells have been smuggled through our very porous borders, with help from a street gang. The gang has been paid for every operative that they have brought into the US. It also seems, according to this article, that al-Qaida has been paying former Russian Special Forces soldiers to show them hidden nuclear weapons that were placed in the US during the Cold War, among other things. Bin Laden seems to have a steady supply of money from the drug trade in Afghanistan and is able to fund anything that al-Qaida wishes.

As I said, I hope this is not true, but I can’t help feel a shiver run down my back as I imagine the fate of the world, much less the US. With most of our military across the ocean, what would our plan of action be in if this did happen? Who would protect us? Who would provide aid? Would those concerns even matter if this did in fact take place? Why is the opium trade in Afghanistan being allowed to thrive and provide al-Qaida with a steady cash flow? I hope that our government can do something to stop this alleged plot from happening, but if this is indeed taking place or going to take place, then it would be very hard to keep every man that al-Qaida has in this country from carrying out his mission as this has, allegedly, been in the works for a decade. As I said, this may be something just put out there for who knows what reason and not even close to being true, but it definitely makes you think. I think to myself, why didn’t our President try to seal up the borders? I know that is almost an impossible thing to do, but it seems that nothing has been done to secure our nation when it comes to illegal border crossing.

This is a scary time to be living in and maybe this is what the article is trying to do more than everything. It is making this scary time seem like a walk in the park compared to what this predicts will happen in the future.

1 comment:

Freewendy said...

Hey Friend, don't believe a thing you read in the WorldNet Daily news. It's a strictly a right-wing propaganda machine intent on spreading fear. Try reading The Nation or Alternet instead.