Monday, July 25, 2005

TCM's Summer Under the Stars a movie lover's dream.

This ought to take care of my summertime movietime picks for the month of August because TCM is once again giving us a Summer Under the Stars. Beginning on August 1, TCM is going to pick a star a day, and for 24 hours in that day, TCM will play nothing but movies starring that actor. Lauren Bacall kicks off this edition of Summer Under the Stars on August 1 and in addition to her slate of movies that will be shown that day, she and Robert Osborne will sit down for an interview entitled “Bacall on Bogart.” I cannot wait for that program because I am a huge Bogart and Bacall fan.

Other stars that will be featured throughout the month of August will be James Stewart, James Cagney, Marlon Brando, Katherine Hepburn, and many, many others. I hope you have your DVRs and TIVOs cleared off and ready to record because I can tell you mine will be getting a workout. For those of you who have always thought about watching some classic movies, now is your chance, I recommend you take advantage of it. If you have access to a star rating like I do with DISH Network, use that as your guide. I generally stick to 3+ and 4 star movies unless it is a movie with one of my favorites, then I throw ratings out of the window. So good luck and happy hunting as August is Christmas for movie lovers thanks to Turner Classic Movies.

No comments: