Thursday, July 07, 2005

Terrorists bomb London train system...

I wake up this morning just like every morning and stumble around trying to get my head straight so I can come to work. I see on the TV that terrorists have once again struck and set off several bombs in London in its subway and train system.

On my way to work I started wondering what would happen as a result of this. Something like 40 people were killed and around 300 injured so this was a terrible attack, but what is gained for the terrorists and what are we going to do about it?

I realize that I said "we," but I'm using that meaning "we the intelligent people of the world who occasionally get attacked" regardless of where it happens.

So what are the London officials and people going to do about it? First off, they aren't going to stop using the train. Europe is as dependent on trains as we are of automobiles here in the U.S. Second, they are going to create some sort of new security plan for the trains. People will get trained and they'll figure out a way to keep the train system safer.

They can't turn it into an airport type security system because people have to take a lot of different things with them to work so searching and banning certain items won't work.

That being said let's look at the outcome of the September 11 attacks. I realize that many people died in those attacks and I don't mean make light of that, but realistically what was the overall outcome?

Well, we now have a new branch of government called Homeland Security. And through the implementation of this government agency, new jobs were created. Just like new jobs will be created in London and other European countries for their train system security.

So the terrorists plan these attacks for years and maybe even decades just so they can make one clever attack possibly killing themselves in the process.

And all they ultimately do is create new jobs for people to ensure that they, the terrorists, have a harder time executing another attack.

To say these terrorists are morons is an understatement.

No comments: