Sunday, June 05, 2005

To catch a spot on my favorite movie list

Piccu and Bratch gave me several old movies as a recent graduation present. One of which was "To Catch a Thief." For those of you who haven't seen it, and don't mind a movie without nudity and explosions ( which most truly great movies don't need), this is the one.

Cary Grant is probably my favorite classic movie star. He is witty, humorous, and either can fit any role or make it fit him. The movie was quite entertaining.

Grace Kelley is phenomenal in everything she does. I recently saw an article describing what women that men found attractive versus what women that women found attractive. On that list, Grace was a woman's woman. Not in my book. She is easily near or at the top of my all time favorite actress list. She sexy, fun, and cool all in the same breath. She is indeed timeless. No wonder she became a princess.

The movie is great, somewhere near the top of my favorite Hitchcock. I like Rear Window better and probably North by Northwest with Cary and Grace respectively.

No comments: