Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A much needed vacation...

Friday I'm not going to know what to do with myself. For the first time in 3+ years I'm actually taking a vacation and then some. The "and then some" part is in there because I'm not sure exactly how many vacation days I have, but I'm staying away for 10 solid days whether anyone likes it or not and I'll not be fielding any tech support phone calls either. That's a biggie.

Have you ever gotten to the point where you just have to get away from work for a while? For maybe just enough time to convince the voice in your head that they are the crazy ones and not yourself? Well, I'm officially there. I'm going in one more day just to get a computer problem ironed out and then I'm not looking back until June 13.

I'm looking at this kind of like a father holding the seat of his young child's bike as they learn to ride it.

And come Thursday afternoon...

I'm letting go and heading for the house.

No comments: