Thursday, June 02, 2005

Here we go again, but it's his prerogative

What is with Bobby Brown, and for that matter Whitney Houston? Talk about a dysfunctional family. The Osbournes have nothing on the Brown-Houstons. It seems Bobby is in trouble with the law, AGAIN. He is in trouble so much that he should just turn himself in to the nearest police precinct every weekend. It would save the law some time and the tax payers some money.

Apparently Bobby has neglected to pay the mother of some illegitimate kids he fathered. It’s not the first time this has happened, and I would be willing to bet the support payments that this won’t be the last time this happens. In Bobby’s defense, when you have six illegitimate kids running around the country, you tend to lose track of who has been paid and who hasn’t.

Bobby’s lovely crackhead of a wife, Whitney must be hiding out, or still in rehab. If you would have told me Whitney Houston would be in rehab, for no telling what, 15 years ago, I would have told you you were crazy. I guess that is what happens when you get some money. The Houston-Browns aren’t the only celebrities who get a little money and fame and go nuts, they just happen to be the least sympathetic of the famous crazies.

From Bobby crashing a car every other week and having a warrant issued for his arrest every OTHER week, you find it hard to sympathize. If he was Bobby Brown, local thug, I don’t know that he would have this many chances to screw up, only to screw up again. Whitney may be worse than Bobby. At least Bobby doesn't try to hide the fact he is a major league screw-up, but Whitney she is holier than thou. Just because your momma is a gospel singer, doesn't mean you can't be as big a screw-up as Bobby. She has gone on TV to vehemently deny she uses drugs. She was furious that anyone would ever suggest she was using. I guess the pressure of not doing drugs caused her to start because she has been to rehab twice since that interview with Barbra WaWa.

These two deserve each other and whatever happens to them. I said that I have no sympathy for them, and I don’t. The only one I have sympathy for is their child. How messed up must this kid be, and if not, how the hell does she do it? I remember, as a teen, when I was embarrassed to be seen with my mom, but it wasn’t because she just got out of rehab. If this kid doesn’t end up on the police blotter at least three times during her teenage years, it will be a minor miracle.

No comments: