Sunday, June 19, 2005

My wife talked me into it.

There is a scene in an old cheers episode where coach brings up starting every practice with handstand pushups and goes into them behind the bar. Sam reminds coach that that was someone else so Coach falls behind the bar in the middle of several push ups.

This was my experience with body flow today. This is a class combining Tai Chi, yoga, and pilates. Sound gay enough for you? It was pretty damn hard. Jennifer and I did that today and though I'm not prepared to give up the weights and running and get my own mat and special pants, I can see the utility in balance and flexibility. Anyway there was the one part where you are crouched down and go up on your hands and balance. The insructor told us to do it then ten seconds into I realized, "hey, I don't know what the heck I'm doing " and immediately approached collapse.

Anyway, it was a new experience that I'll try again at some point.

No comments: