Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A couple of nuggets on Metallica.

More music news involving one of my faves, Metallica. It seems that legendary producer Rick Rubin is going to be the man twisting the knobs for the new Metallica album. This is very exciting because Rubin has produced many successful and classic albums. From rap to metal, to Neil Diamond and the Dixie Chicks, Rubin has done it all. He produced Slayer when they were riding high on the metal landscape, so he knows his way around a heavy band. Rubin also produced my favorite Red Hot Chili Peppers album, Blood Sugar Sex Magic. No news as to when the new Metallica album will be released but here’s hoping it will be soon and this year.

More Metallica news that is just a rumor so far, they are going to headline this summer’s Ozzfest. System of a Down is also rumored to be on the Ozzfest bill. I am not one to sit out all day in the hot sun, but those are two bands that could pry me from my air conditioned lair.

No comments: