Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hate mail is awesome...

I got a little hate mail today at work and I gotta tell you, hate mail is the funniest stuff you will ever read. Especially in my line of work.

At some point you have to realize that you can't please everyone, but many times the people who send us hate mail don't want everyone pleased as long as they are pleased.

The best part about this particular hate mail, aside from the butchering of the English language, was the fact that they were mad because of who was in a photo. They accused me of putting this particular person and one other in the paper all the time and they have been in there a total of twice collectively. Yes that's twice.

They also accused me of running only photos that parents ask me to run and this is just totally wrong and very stupid if you are me.

See if I did run photos that parents want me to take it would ruin all of my fun. Because if word got out I would have parents bugging me to death while I am trying to work. And to be honest, I would rather not be a photographer if that happened.

And for all you parents out there, you may ask me to take a photo and I may take it, but unless it's the absolute best of the bunch you'll have to buy it from me if you want to actually see it.

I realize that parents can get a little carried away with their kids, but at some point you have to consider other people. It wouldn't be fair for me to take photos of one particular kid out of 20 different kids just because you asked me before anyone else. Especially since most of the kids could care less anyway. Not once has a kid ever thanked me for running a photo I took of them and there is a reason for that.

This particular subject and parents taking their infants to non-kid movies are very irritating to me. We even have a friend who told us shortly after his first child was born that if he ever said that he was going to bring his baby to a movie that we should slap the (expletive deleted) out of him.

Words to live by.

No comments: