Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle?????

2007 is shaping up to be the year of the reunions. The Police are back together and have already released some dates for their world tour. They are also reportedly touring without a set list and will just play whatever they feel like playing each show.

Van Halen has announced they are back together with original singer David Lee Roth (though they are without bassist Michael Anthony) and will go on a 40 date tour this summer. Although, I have just recently read on a Van Halen fan site that this has been put on hold indefinitely. So, who knows with these guys?

Crowded House is getting back together. What? I know, who cares. Apparently someone does because this was big enough news to make the Yahoo top stories when it broke. Must have been a slow news day.

Now according to Steven Adler, original drummer for Guns N Roses, in an article on Yahoo, there is talk of GNR reuniting. Adler was fired from the band due to drug issues, but he claims to have patched things up with lead singer Axl Rose. Adler also said Axl doesn’t seem opposed to the idea of reuniting with the original members. Adler also claims that he has been in contact with guitarists Slash and Izzy Stradlin and they are interested as well.

I know that when it comes to GNR rumors, none of them are true, but this would be very big if there were even an ounce of truth. I do question this because Steven Adler does not seem like someone who could play night after night on a massive tour due to health complications caused by a drug induced stroke he suffered. I also believe that even though the original members have all grown older, Axl probably hasn’t grown wiser and he would rather go on by himself and fail than bring everyone back together and succeed.

I have never seen GNR live but from the footage I have seen of them live on TV, they really don’t seem to be that great a live band. And you always have to worry about Axl getting the stink eye from an audience member and freaking out and walking off the stage half way through the show. With all that being said, I would take my chances and buy tickets if they were to come within 1000 miles of me. And I know I would not be the only one to feel that way.

Whatever happens with Guns N Roses, this may turn out to be my best concert year ever. That is if I can get The Police, Van Halen and any other act to come within 3 hours of my Podunk town.

No comments: