Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Heart Expletive Spewing Freak Outs

You have got to check this out. A few years back a movie called I Heart Huckabee's came out to minimal fanfare. It starred Dustin Hoffman, Jason Schwartzman, Jude Law, Naomi Watts, Mark Wahlberg and the great Lily Tomlin. I had heard things about the director of this movie, David O. Russell. I had heard he is a S. O. B. to work with and he and Geroge Clooney almost got into a fist fight during the filming of the great movie Three Kings. And many will tell you that it is hard to get George that angry. How do I know these things? You forget, I am in the business and I heard it on the TV Guide podcast.

Anyway, I heard about an incident on the set of Huckabees that was making the rounds on YouTube about a freak out that Lily Tomlin had. I found it right here. It is filled with coarse language so those who have virgin ears better not watch this, otherwise it is hilarious and one of the most uncomfortable things I have seen in the last few weeks. She is going off while seemingly trapped in a car with 3 or 4 other people who near the end of the freak out also incur her wrath. It's priceless.

After finding that, I also found this piece that again involves Lily Tomlin having a problem with something the director has done, but the director, David O. Russell has the freak and he goes BALLISTIC. If you have watched the first video, I must warn you, the language in this one is about ten times worse. Russell yells and cusses and even throws things at his actors. In all my movie making experience I have never seen anything so unprofessional, yet so enthralling. You must see this. And just in case you can't make out what is said, the person who put this clip on YouTube has provided you with subtitles.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments: