Monday, October 02, 2006

Veronica Mars is back, you must watch it!

Most of the network shows have already premiered this TV season and I am enjoying House, Bones, and CSI:Original Recipe has been extra crispy this season. But, the show I am looking forward to the most this season premieres tomorrow night on The New CW at 9/8 EST/CST. The show is Veronica Mars and I know I have been hyping this show for two years, but it lives up to the hype. I want everyone to check out the season premiere on Tuesday and watch the first six episodes. If after those six shows, you still don’t like Veronica Mars, then by all means, stop watching the show.

I have already watched the premiere episode on MSN, but I will be DVRing it just for moral support. The writing is still sharp and while it is helpful to know some of the back story from the last two years, it’s not like you are starting to watch Lost beginning with season three. The first Veronica Mars episode this season begins at Hearst College and involves the thieving of a new character’s belongings. It also leads us into the main mystery that will be taking place over the next 6 episodes involving a rapist who rapes and then shaves the head of the victim. A rape storyline doesn’t seem too Gilmore Girls to me.

Don’t be fooled by Veronica Mars’ placement after the Gilmore Girls, the only girlie thing about the show is that Veronica is the main character and she is a female. So I want all you guys to man up and watch a real show. If rape, murder, drugs, gang violence, child abuse, blackmail, kidnapping and suicide aren’t your bag, then you should probably stay away, but if you like all that with smart writing and a boatload of surprises throughout a season’s run, then Veronica Mars is the show for you.

No comments: