Tuesday, October 17, 2006

My two cents on the SC Trip

I think this year was a success again! I concur with Bratch that we need to skip the beacon on the Friday night. I think we should go with cooking out that night too, or at least just cooking up something easy to cook.

Other than the mediocre trip to the beacon the snacks and other food was as usual excellent. I'll let Piccu relay his impression of small batch bourbon. I have had it before and was not dissappointed in the least, again.

The movies were fun. I completely agree with Piccu's assessment of the movies. I have been thinking about and believe that I have been tricked as to my favorite Friday the thirteenth movie. I really think it is number 2, that we are confusing.

The boat was excellent and a fun ride around the lake, although it is loads more fun in the warm weather.

As to the remainder of the "month of Halloween." What other flicks is everyone squeezing in before the month is out. I may have a private movie madness this weekend. I may throw in something old and something I haven't seen. Not sure what I want to check out. I have this list of the best 80's horror movies that are seldom seen. I acknowledge that it leaves off the fact that it doesn't include the mainstream likely best of them, just those most people haven't seen. I haven't seen any of these so if anyone has tell me to watch it or skip it.

Happy Birthday to Me
Scanners
The Sender
Watcher in the Woods
Prom night
One dark night
Night of the Creeps
Mausoleum

Oh, and Piccu, the movie I was trying to think of is called The Town that dreaded Sundown.

5 comments:

Piccu said...

The movie I thought you were talking about was Dark Night of the Scarecrow. I remember seeing some of this as a kid and it freaked me out. Although I am not scared of scarecrows today, unlike some people we know.

The one you were talking about looks good too. Any movie with Ben Johnson and Mary Ann has to be pretty good.

It looks like we are going to get together at Big Kev's and have our hometown scary movie marathon, which usually means one movie and everyone falls asleep. Dog Soldiers and The Devil's Rejects appear to be two in the running down here.

You may have to Netflix some of those picks of yours. I don't recall many video stores with a huge selection of horror movies no one has heard of.

my_merlin77 said...

I think I see several movies I want to see. Have you seen the Legend of Boggy Creek. I think I may add that one in as well.

Piccu said...

I have, and I believe I watched it at your house at age 9. I am not sure how it would hold up today.

Go to imdb.com and look under top movies, under top horror movies. There is a list of the top 50 horror movies according to the readers of imdb. I have Netflixed quite a few of them.

my_merlin77 said...

Are you sure you're not talking about soggy bottom USA

Piccu said...

I am sure, I saw Soggy Bottom at about the same age but not at your house. Besides, there were no monsters in Soggy Bottom, just Don Johnson.