Monday, October 09, 2006

Guitar Hero II demo, it scares me...

Still on Guitar Hero II. We put 5 bucks down on a pre-order at Wal-Mart or W-Mart as the junk mail in my hotmail account that I'm slowly killing.

On Saturday, we finally tracked down a Playstation magazine with a demo version of the game and four songs. Strutter by Kiss, Shout at the Devil by Motley Crue, YYZ by Rush and You Really Got Me a la Van Halen version.

If you look at the GH2 post directly below this one, you'll see that Strutter seems to be the first song of the game and that kind of scares me because it's ridiculously difficult when you compare it to the songs that opened the first GH. Three note chords abound and some sketchy transitions make it a bit difficult to play. I played it through on the "expert" level on the first try after playing it on the hard level several times.

However, knowing some of the songs the way I do, I'm sure that the "Practice" mode is going to be used a lot. To me, Strutter would have ended up in the second or third section of songs on the first GH and instead it seems as though it is leading off the game as the easiest song there is.

Yikes.

Piccu and I are pretty sure that none of you really care too much about GH, but we are hooked and frankly you would be too if you play it. I'm sure most Best Buys have a demo hooked up to play so stay away from it if you don't want to get hooked on it.

No comments: