Tuesday, May 24, 2005

My 2 cents on Star Wars

Ok, I just watched episode 3. After reading Piccu review, I was a bit more vigilent while watching. I must say that I have to agree that Hayden's performance was sub-par at best in certain scenes. He couldn't consistently deliver lines throughout the two and a half hours. With that one major compaint aside, I liked the movie. Now, I have to go back and rewatch the old ones to get the most appreciation for all of them.

The previews were interesting as well. Fantasitic 4, Stealth, and even Narnia all have promise. I still have to see The Interpretor among others. One of next rentals is going to be the 13th Warrior, not because I have high expectations, but because I just read Creighton's book the Eaters of the Dead last week. The book was ok. My wife and I also listened to three books on tape while driving last week and this past weekend. I want to set this next admition by saying that we were each allowed to pick books. I chose Seizure by Robin Cook (it was just ok) and my wife chose The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants and The sequel. The Traveling Pants wasn't bad. So now we have to see the movie, which if Bridget is 1% as hot as the book makes her sound it might not be too bad.

Tonight is the finale of House, which I have I high hopes for. It doesn't have to live up to any build-ups, just deliver a solid episode. It usually does.

2 comments:

BRATCH said...

If that is the 13th Warrior movie that came out several years ago with Antonio Banderas in it, you won't be disappointed. I thought it was a great movie when I saw it. Of course if it isn't, blow it out your... Nevermind.

my_merlin77 said...

It is indeed the Antonio Banderas flick. I may try and rent it today as a matter of fact. Also, I have come up with the names of a few good horror possibilities. If you haven't played around with Film Affinity you need to click the link. By rating a few movies you can check out recc's from people with similar tastes as yourself.