Thursday, May 26, 2005

JJ Abrams is a jackass

I did just read Bratch's review and I do completely agree with the whole Alias analysis. That was one of the best cliffhangers to date. The lulling music and then the big finish caught me so off guard it both literally and figuratively threw me off the couch. I was dissappointed when the whole zombie part of the show came into play. I liked that better when it was called Dawn of the Dead. Overall, Alias regained some of the points that I thought it was slowly losing.

As for the title of the post, the only thing that is LOST is the two hours I spent watching this episode. First off, there were so many commercials that it seemed like an hour episode with an extra hour of commercials interspersed. I admit a few mysteries were solved, but if it could have gotten them into the hatch it would have been much better for me. Essentially, I think that hatch aspect of the show had no surprise and was a let down to end on that. The part on the boat was pretty great, on the otherhand, as well as the necessary build up with the black smoke. Another cool part involved the science teacher and a stick of dynamite. I felt that the entire flashback scenario of them getting on the plane wasted a lot of time and could have better been approached by including that throughout the season. Then, I would have used the extra time to take the hatch a little further.

Abrams if you are reading this (along with the other millions we have daily); here is some advice:
1. You take brilliant scenarios and drag them out far, far too much. Close off certain doors in the plot then open completely new doors in other areas (you did this tonight on Alias, coming back from an inferior third and partially fourth season in many aspects)
2. Utilize hot chicks fighting more. (this is primarily Lost but Alias could never have too much)
3. Tone down the sentimental stuff; it isn't your strong suit.
4. Please see point #1 it deserves to be repeated.

Ok, maybe jackass was too harsh. I loved Alias and think Lost could have been better.

No comments: