Thursday, September 06, 2007

Soylent Green is stupid...

People are stupid folks.

This might not be a big surprise to any of you and sadly some of you reading this may very well be one of the stupid people I'm speaking of, but nevertheless the world is chocked full o' stupidity and the OC has it's fair share. Possibly even a little too much.

However, over the past few weeks I’ve hit on a common thread of stupid people where this particular faction’s stupidity has nothing to do with intelligence, it’s more ego and arrogance.

These are the same people who, if they were legitimately famous, would drop a “Do you know who I am?” to the cop that pulled them over for doing 69 in a 45 mph zone. And, in fact, they might still do that now depending on what cop pulls them over be it local city cop or county deputy.

This past week I had a woman who essentially went to my boss and complained about something I did when she was the one that actually dropped the ball. This woman didn’t care so she complained to my boss and lied to him saying that I knew everything that was going on and decided to blow it off. Luckily, I’m in a position where my boss and I are pretty much a team where the loss of either one of us is catastrophic. And complaining about something as minute as what she was complaining about just barely concerned him enough to the point of asking me about it.

The only reason he even asked me about it was because he was curious what this nutbar was really talking about.

This is the kind of person I’m talking about. The kind of person who goes out of their way try and cause trouble for someone else because they are upset about something, no matter how insignificant, and have the ego to think “I’ll have someone’s head on a platter for this.” because they are who they are. Even though they are nobody in the real world, but the Paris Hilton of their world.

Another instance happened a few years ago when a colossal d-bag called up out of the blue just to tell the person he called that they sucked at a particular job they were doing. Not to offer any suggestions to make it better or even give a reason why he didn’t like the job they were doing, he just wanted to make it known to them that he believed that they sucked at what they did.

It takes a special kind of a-hole to do something like this for a few reasons.

1) You feel that the person you are calling will accept you opinion and criticism and perhaps thank you for it because it’s coming from you.

2) You feel that even though this person will likely tell several people that you are a d-bag and what you said, but instead of thinking ill of your d-bag ways they will chastise the person for running down your good name because you are who you are.

3) Even though you’ve expressed your d-bag opinion to many different people about many different situations, everyone still believes that you are the salt of the earth and not the biggest a-hole that ever walked on two legs.

The thing that bothers me about these people isn’t that they’ve tried to somehow personally cause me trouble for a very insignificant reason, but it’s that I can’t fathom how miserable these people must be. For something to get you so mad that you instantly fly off the handle and flip into destruction mode for petty issues has got to be a miserable life.

I’ve come to find that I have opinions that I feel passionately about, but about 75 percent of the time these people will fly off the handle start making phone calls and not do any research before complaining. Then when they get the tables flipped they’ll sometimes straight up lie about the situation or attempt to gloss over the very large detail they didn’t look into before making an ass of themselves.

The best example I can think of is the principal or whoever he was in the Breakfast Club. The scene where he takes Judd Nelson into the broom closet to set him straight. He talks about how he makes $31,000 a year, has a house, a wife and kids and he’ll be damned if he’s going to let F-ing Judd Nelson bring down his empire.

That very well might be a hell of an empire in his little world, but little did he know that Judd Nelson and rest of the Brat Pack could give two craps about him, his empire or his a-hole opinion. But he still felt as though they needed to know how he felt about them.

Those are educated stupid people and when you throw those people in with the generally stupid people, it gives me a headache.

Unfortunately, these people breed more a-holes and stupid people causing smart people to rationalize whether or not they want to subject their offspring to such stupidity.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Have you met my buddy brevity?