Friday, September 21, 2007

Lock it up, QUOTE OF THE YEAR!!!!!

I am a Cincinnati Reds fan, which means after Memorial Day the baseball season is over for me. That is why it is good to have something interesting coming out of Cincinnati, although it comes out of something sad. Ken Griffey Jr., Cincinnati Red, is one of the alltime greats and by all time greats I mean all time great injury kings. He is hurt every year and if he didn't get hurt every year he would be passing Barry Bonds in about one year, but I digress. Anyway a couple nights ago Jr., and I don't mean Dale Earnhardt Jr., pulled up lame after fielding a ball and when he tried to throw it in he pulled a groin muscle. Say it with me, g-g-groin injury.

Now on to the quote of the year. A columnist asked Griffey to describe what it felt like when he hurt his groin and Griffey told him.

Are you ready?

"The best way I can describe it is it felt like somebody bungee jumped off my right nut."

Alright! It is good to see that we can get a little comedy out of a bad situation. Good luck to Jr. in the future and here's hoping you get your sleepsack repaired.

No comments: