Friday, May 27, 2005

My wife?

As "my husband" and I scanned the numerous postings of this wonderfully intellectual blog, one thing constantly grabbed my attention. I was alarmed by the many uses of the phrase, "my wife" by Merlin. When I refer to my significant other in the terms "my husband," there seems to be somewhat of a underlying condescending tone. So why would Merlin constantly refer to her as "my wife??" We all know her name!!

JENNIFER

Hope all is well and good luck with the move!!

2 comments:

my_merlin77 said...

GOSH! now we have to call the FBI relocation people again. No, there is no condescending meaning intended. Now, if I used the phrase "my woman," "my squeeze," or "the sqaw;" that would be condescending. It is most excellent that you have joined the blog. Jennifer has discussed blogging, I think that she may get motivated since the numbers are growing.

Piccu said...

I prefer the more tender and loving term, "my wench."