Sunday, May 22, 2005

I hate that show...

I too just finished the final epidsode of Desperate Housewives. Now, I really hate this show and some of my friends who were absolutely in love with it are beginning to hate it as well.

Why I hate this show was evident in the first 5 minutes when they went back and showed you everything that they could have built up all this season. I'm not going into detail since I know that Piccu hasn't seen it and I'll also warn him that Merlin gives a lot away in his post below. The show was completely built around the initial suicide of Mary Alice and they didn't really discuss much of anything along the way. Then BOOM, the season finale pretty much tells the entire story that they should have been building up to the entire season. And they did like 85 percent of that in the first 5 minutes.

If you had watched the very first show, the clip show and the finale, you saved yourself hours and hours of pointless TV watching. It was like watching a daytime soap. Like a daytime soap opera the story never progressed. Only in Housewives they would explain a teeny bit of something and then open up 3 other huge storylines that they couldn't take anywhere because too much was going on. I'm glad some definitive action was taken in the final episode, but I'll not be making time to watch next season. They had me for about six weeks this season, but lost me because it was creeping at a snails pace.

Then on top of all that, it's a depressing show. Nothing good ever happens and just when you think something good is going to come out of something they put a spin on it that not only doesn't make it good, but made it 10 times worse than it ever was to begin with.

It can seriously kill a nice weekend buzz and it usually does every single time. Either by not going anywhere or by beating down a character that was already on rock bottom. There wasn't once a happy ending and sooner or later I feel like people are going to be turned off by that.

1 comment:

my_merlin77 said...

I absolutely agree that it drags on too slowly, and I also agree that you could have seen the three episodes you mentioned and gotten the point. However, your complaints about this show are one hundred times magnified for me with Lost and Alias. I am sure that I will make a post concerning the two, but my intial comments would have almost mirrored your sentiment of dragging things out far too much. Lost could have been a very good three part movie at the theater with all the extra crap cut out. In short, I agree completely with your comments above, but of the shows I watch it seems to drag out the least. what ever happen to single serve TV? Watch it. Like it. Miss it? Who cares it doesn't ruin next week.