Friday, September 01, 2006

Freebird makes the cut for Guitar Hero II....

As some of you may have read before, Piccu and I love us some Guitar Hero for the PS2. We eve had a friend that, after playing GH, went out and bought a PS2 ($150) and GH ($80) just to play it. Well, Guitar Hero 2 is coming out in November with 25 more songs for a total of 55 and the ability for two players to play a bass guitar, rhythm guitar or lead guitar parts individually at the same time. Too cool.

So I'm listening to a podcast that I'm not really sure I like from 1up.com and they started talking about our favorite game Guitar Hero 2. OK, our favorite game that hasn't come out yet.

Anyway, as you can probably tell from the name of the web site/podcast, this show is about games. Yesterday I switched back to Gun on my PS2 because I felt like killin', but after hearing about two of the new songs to be on GH2, to be released in November, I'm going back to it this afternoon.

The guys on the podcast got to play a little of GH2 and the two songs that have been announced are Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses and the mother of all guitar songs... Freebird by none other than Lynyrd Skynyrd.

They said that Freebird was indeed 3 hours long just like the real thing and that 90 minute guitar solo was impossible to play on the hard level. They also said that the practice mode was awesome though. You apparently can pick out hard parts of songs and slow them down so you can get a handle on playing them.

I can't wait for this game.

No comments: